Please read our noticeboard and Welfare Requirements folder in the hallway to become familiar with our policies, procedures and Ofsted welfare requirements. These are reviewed regularly. For more details information on all the above please ask a member of staff for your own copy.
Code of Conduct
We expect all adults and children to behave in a respectful and appropriate manner whilst in our group and to abide by our policy on behaviour management.
We recognise that we have an impact on the environment and a duty to minimise this impact. We adhere to applicable legislation as the minimum standard to be maintained, but our intention is to be an environmentally sustainable organisation.
We aim to reduce our environmental impact by:
- Minimising our energy consumption
- Minimising our water consumption
- Minimising waste, including single-use plastic where possible.
We review our environmental performance annually.
This policy applies to all staff, children, parents and visitors to Beehive.
Minimising our impact
We will minimise our environmental impact by:
- Using energy efficient technologies and promoting
energy efficient behaviour
- Using water efficient technologies and promoting
water efficient behaviour
- Minimising waste by reducing material consumption – e.g. minimising printing; re-using materials where possible – e.g. reusable bottles for water consumption and recycling products.
Educating children and parents/careers
We educate our children about the natural world, the importance of sustainability and provide opportunities for them to be involved in environmental initiatives, for example in our garden. We encourage our parents/careers to promote pro-environmental behaviour to children.
Commitment to continual improvement
We are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance and of this policy. It will be reviewed on an annual basis to reflect changes in legislation, best practice and business requirements.